Mountbatten-Windsor lost his royal titles over ties to Jeffrey Epstein, but remains eighth in line to the British throne The UK is weighing a law to remove Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from the royal line of succession over the scandal linking him to Jeffrey Epstein, British media reported on Saturday, citing government and Buckingham Palace sources. Mountbatten-Windsor, the younger brother of King Charles III, was stripped of his royal titles, including that of prince, last year over his ties to Epstein. The scandal intensified after the US Department of Justice released the final tranche of Epstein files earlier this month, some of which implicate the former prince in sexual offenses and professional misconduct. However, he remains eighth in line to the throne and serves as a counsellor of state authorized to act for the King if he is ill or abroad. Reports from The Guardian and BBC suggest that the government is considering legislation to remove Mountbatten-Windsor from succession ...
Posts
The upper arm of a cross has been placed atop the church’s soaring central tower, extending its height to 172.5 meters The final piece of the central tower of Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia has been set in place, bringing the basilica to its maximum height of 172.5 meters – a milestone reached 144 years after the first stone was laid. Construction of the basilica began in 1882 and continued for decades under the direction of architect Antoni Gaudi, whose visionary design blended Gothic and Art Nouveau influences. Progress slowed repeatedly after GaudÃ’s death in 1926, interrupted by funding shortages, political upheaval and war damage. Some of the work completed on Friday involved the central Tower of Jesus Christ, the tallest of the basilica’s planned 18 towers, was topped with a monumental cross, completing the vertical outline envisioned by Gaudà more than a century ago. The church dominates the Barcelona skyline. Designed with four arms so it can be recognized from any direction, ...
The US vice president has called for compensation over the alleged Somali-linked fraud scheme involving welfare payments US Vice President J.D. Vance has said Democratic officials in Minnesota should refund billions of dollars in welfare payments allegedly embezzled by organizations run by Somali immigrants. Last year, federal prosecutors charged multiple individuals with fraud, alleging that half or more of the $18 billion in Medicaid claims to 14 Minnesota-based programs since 2018 may be fraudulent. Meanwhile, Governor Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey have sought federal compensation over immigration raids in Minnesota that they claim inflicted significant costs on state and municipal budgets. In an interview with Fox News aired on Saturday, Vance dismissed those requests, saying state officials should instead reimburse taxpayers for failing to curb the fraud. Read more The EU has become so undemocratic even the US is calling it out “On behalf of the American peop...
“It would be fine if they took it all,” Mike Huckabee said Israel has the right to almost the entire Middle East because the Bible says so, the US envoy to West Jerusalem, Mike Huckabee, has told American journalist Tucker Carlson. Huckabee, a former governor of Arkansas, was appointed ambassador to Israel by US President Donald Trump in April 2025. The 70-year-old politician and diplomat is also a Baptist minister and a self-declared Christian Zionist. In an interview released on Friday, the envoy explained to Carlson that “a Zionist simply means a person, who believes that the Jewish people have a right to have a homeland where they have security and safety; who believe that the Jews have a right to live in Israel.” “Israel’s right to exist comes from the Bible... [it] is a land that God gave through Abraham to a people that he chose,” Huckabee explained. Read more Israel ready to strike Iran-backed forces – media Carlson pointed out that, according to the Book of Ge...
Donald Trump, meanwhile, says he is considering new strikes on Iran to pressure Tehran over its nuclear program The US is finalizing a multibillion-dollar nuclear cooperation deal with Saudi Arabia that could enable the kingdom to pursue nuclear weapons, the Arms Control Association (ACA) has warned, as US President Donald Trump threatens new strikes on Iran to force it to abandon uranium enrichment. Last year, Washington and Riyadh finalized a long-sought civil nuclear cooperation framework, allowing US companies to bid on Saudi Arabia’s first reactors. The deal would pave the way for a US-Saudi ‘123 Agreement’, enabling transfers of US nuclear technology, equipment, and materials – potentially worth tens of billions of dollars. The Trump administration sent an initial framework report to Congress in November. However, the proposed agreement lacks strict nonproliferation safeguards and could open the door to Saudi uranium enrichment, the ACA, which inspected the report, warned...
The death of Quentin Deranque after a clash with alleged members of an anti-fascist group has sparked outrage in France Thousands of right-wing protesters are expected to march through central Lyon on Saturday in tribute to Quentin Deranque, a 23-year-old mathematics student and nationalist activist who died on February 14 after allegedly being beaten by individuals linked to left-wing movements. Lyon’s mayor urged authorities to ban the rally – expected to draw between 2,000 and 3,000 participants – citing “proven risks of public disorder.” However, Interior Minister Laurent Nunez authorized the event, saying that “for now, freedom is more important than anxiety.” The march is nevertheless expected to take place under heavy police protection. READ MORE: Macron and Meloni clash over killing of French right-wing activist (VIDEO) Deranque’s death has intensified tensions in France’s already fragile political climate and has the potential to tip the scales in the March municipal el...